I thought we had a thread for this but I didn't see it... so we do now!  What are you cigar luvin fools reading?

I'm currently re-reading the Dark Tower Series by Stephen King.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through the Drawing of the Three... great series... worth a read if you like a mix between Fantasy, Sci-fi, western, horror, action... it's got it all...

Working my way through the Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn... love these books... tons of action, fast paced, easy reads... it's like a mix between Jack Ryan and Jason Bourne

My last "Learning" book was 1776 by David McCullough... it was an on and off book for me and it took me a long time to get through it... but I plan on re-reading it (while not reading anything else) soon...

My To Read list:

Ender's Game

The Greater Journey: Americans in Paris by David McCullough (i like the way he writes history)

John Adams by David McCullough

Dune

American Sniper

what about you guys>???

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since the last time I updated the thread I've read-

The rest of the "Off to Be the Wizard" trilogy.  It was pretty good.  I particularly liked the part where a character made up a bunch of town/people/monster names and they were all scotch distilleries.

Star Wars: Lords of the Sith - This one takes place before A New Hope, and sort of shows the relationship building between Vader and Palpatine.

Tomorrow War - Awesome.  The author wrote several zombie books from the point of view of a military man, where he basically just laid out what he would do during a zombie apocalypse.  This one is about a high-level SpecOps soldier surviving an event that basically destroys the internet and causes the power grid to fail.  It felt like something that could actually happen, which was pretty terrifying.

Armada - The second book from the author of Ready Player One(one of the best books ever).  Like RPO, heavily inspired by 80s pop culture, the main character is a kid who finds out the game he's been wasting time on was actually training him to fight against an impending alien invasion.  It sounds like it's just Flight of the Navigator, but it's really worth the read

American Gods - I've always wanted to read this one, and I really enjoyed it.  A great mix of horror, and road-adventure.

And currently, I'm reading Star Wars: Aftermath - What happens to the Empire after the Death Star is destroyed, and the leadership is gone?  Thats exactly what this book is about.  It's the first novel in the new Expanded Universe overseen by Disney, so it's canon for the new films and is supposed to give some background for The Force Awakens.

Finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and then started his second book Armada, only a few pages in because as a family we are reading the Potter series. I have already read them multiple times but my wife has never and she is reading them outloud to my son and I. Just started The Goblet of Fire, excited that both my son and my wife have loved every minute of them  

Just read Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It's about a tragic 1996 Everest expedition. The new feature film covers these events in total. Jon Krakauer was there when it happened.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2019   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service