The Stogie(s) of the Month for October is the Tatuaje Monster Line. This includes any year's limited release Monster, Pudgy Monster, or Little Monster. When making a post, please be sure add a little more detail describing which one you're smoking. 

So if you have one of these, light that sucker up, come back here and tell us what you thought. Please don't be hesitant if you're new, or never reviewed a cigar. At least post a picture, what vitola, and if you thought it was good or not. If you don't have it, ask around to see if  someone wants to do a trade, check with your B&M or your favorite online retailer.

Monster

Wrapper: Various

Binder: Various

Filler: Various

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I smoked the Jekyll, 4 days only resting in my coolidor, The burn was a bit off and the ash curled but the flavors were great! A bit on the mild side for me. When it got to a "robusto", I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see what time will do for this cigar.

A buddy and I

Thats funny, everyone is saying the first 1/3 isnt that good but it warms up and turns into a tasty smoke. Mine have been in my coolidor for a few weeks now and I'm waiting for Halloween :)

Ok, work has been hell this week and it's only Wed, but here are my contributions so far:

Tiff:

Was very mild, must be that Ct wrapper, I enjoyed it, but was expecting more punch like the Chuckle

Pudgy Drac -  Relly dug this, had excellent flavors, I def do not have an OR Drac like I thought, or I already smoked it, but I tore apart the humis and nothing....oh well.

Decided to try the Jekyll last night, 1st off let me say that this is a LONG smoke.....like other people have stated it starts out nice and sweet (imo) then becomes boring until the robusto state then it picks up, but by then its too hot for my tastes. 

Will revisit these in March and see how they turn.

Pudgy Wolfman - I liked it, but I think I am smoking too much, because this gave me the nic sickness, didn't barf, but was def nauseous and this was a long ass smoke as well, gonna take a break and reset my palette, so I almost made it a week.

Tatuaje Monster Series #7 Jekyll

7x49

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Santicus Spiritus (Habano)

Smoke Time: 1Hr 40Min

1/3: Starts with a heavy blast of Pepin spice and pepper, leather, caramel, and a rich cedar on retro and finish.

2/3: Huge/rich room filling aroma (I associate with the heavy barnyard on pre-light wrapper smell). Earth, leather, coco and pepper dominate this third. Ginger spice and cream add complexity along with nuts and a generic sweetness in background.

3/3: Toasted bread, faint orange peel and meat, the spice/pepper have mellowed considerably. The last few inches pick up baking spice, wood, coffee and some nice roasted notes. I did notice at this point there is an above average nicotine content (this might be because I don't normally smoke churchill sized cigars).

Medium+ body/strength, perfect draw and smoke production, burn was very good/cool but slightly wavy requiring a few touch-ups, and the ash was flaky but held for 1/2-1in chunks.

A very nice, long cigar..smooth and subtle, rich and flavorful, creamy yet spicy, with wonderful aroma, great transitions through each 1/3.

My favorite Monster so far. I had a feeling this would happen but I thought the first 1/3 was the best (by a long shot) and once it hit the robusto mark flavors/strength started to fade but I really enjoyed this smoke a lot. Didn't get around to smoking this stick on Halloween but I was close enough.

91/100

Thanks for all the reviews! I've been avoiding (and failing) purchasing any cigars this month. This set has been at a couple of B&M's in my area and has been calling my name!

Pick them up while you still can!

Great reviews guys. Didn't have any myself, but this was fun to see the multiple releases of these and how they compared. Now let me get November's up. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2017   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service