The Stogie of the Month for July is anything by EP Carrillo. I know that there are a lot of fans around here and these are also in the store, so I expect a good turn out this week. 

So if you have one of these, light that sucker up, come back here and tell us what you thought. Please don't be hesitant if you're new, or never reviewed a cigar. At least post a picture, what vitola, and if you thought it was good or not. If you don't have it, ask around to see if  someone wants to do a trade, check with your B&M or your favorite online retailer.

EP Carrillo

Wrapper: Various

Binder: Various

Filler: Various

Views: 199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I smoked the Edicion Limitada 2010 I received in a trade from Logan earlier this year. The cold draw presented some sweet, and I mean sweet, tobacco notes. The sweetness was just an underlying note throughout the entire cigar and never became the primary flavor. I was not totally disappointed as you can see by the second photo. I rarely nub a cigar. The cigar was complex with notes of wood and an almost herbal quality that  associate more with tea than coffee. It was a challenge to pick out individual flavors. The draw was lush, the burn near perfect, and the ash was firm but never flaky.

Thanks so much Doc for the review!

EP Carrillo La Historia

Box Pressed Robusto

Mexican San Andrés wrapper, Ecuadorian Sumatra binder, Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers.

Picked this up at the local B&M for about $7.

First 3rd: This thing starts out with an awesome explosion of dark cocoa. Then as I progressed some really nice deep earthy flavors and black pepper came into the mix.

Second 3rd: The transition into the second third bought on an interesting red pepper like sweetness, along with some leathery flavors. The deep earthy core remained and the chocolate was less pronounced but still there.

Final 3rd: This transition brought along a good amount of black pepper, and the sweetness kicked back up bringing back more of the chocolate flavor. The earthy core remained with some leather and wood notes coming up from time to time.

This was a really good cigar, and I'm going to pick up a couple more. Construction was solid, I only had to do one touch up. I found that this stick had just the right amount of draw resistance. I think this is a great cigar and I really enjoyed how it had that rich dark cocoa flavor with a good amount of other flavors to keep me interested throughout.

That is the cigar I smoked for sotm and cant agree more with your review! I ended picking a few more of these up as well..

I notice we didn't do one for August (yes, I'm just realizing this now...). Dave, are we gonna pick something for Sept? 

I think Dave quit smoking ;-)

Hey guys. No, I haven't quit smoking Charlie, just been crazy busy. I actually may see if someone else wants to take this over since I'm so out of the loop. Sorry for dropping the ball this month.

I may have to look into that...hey, you want my addy so you can send me all your left over cigars ;-)

I think one of us could definitely pick this up and run with it.  Folks seem to have a lot of fun with it, and it helps expose people to cigars they may have passed over.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service