Quick reminder on the rules
- Max of 2 guesses per person per 24 hours
- Min of 2 Hints by host per 24 hours
- Winner will receive pack of at least 4 cigars (no dog rockets, and I've never sent out so few cigars)
- Winner will host the next round in a new thread
- No Google searches - CigFed Honor Code

Hint #1 - This film was released in 1986

Hint #2 - Based off a true story

Hint #3 - One of the actresses in the film was best know for her film debut as Anne Frank in 1959

Hint #4 - One of the actors was on both Happy Days & Family Ties, he was also on Late Knight With David Letterman and has one of the most bizarre interviews.

Hint #5 - Two of the actors are brothers in real life, but one passed away in 2006

Hint #6 - The "Grandma" is actually the two brothers' mother in real life

Hint #7 - The film is about one of Philadelphia's most notorious crime families during the 1970's. 

Hint #8 - One of the main actors appeared in a famous video of him dancing, which shocked people that he danced so well.

Hint #9 - Both main actors are Oscar winners

Hint #10 - The main actors from hint# 9 play father & son in the film

Hint #11 - The actor from hint #4 also played George McFly in the Back To The Future films

Hint# 12 - One of the main actors is Christopher Walken

Hint# 13 - One of the main actors is Sean Penn

Hint# 14 - Robert De Niro was originally cast as the main actor, but turned it down saying he felt the character was too dark, gangster and rapist.

Hint#15 - Live to Tell" by Sean Penn's then-wife Madonna was on the soundtrack and went to #1 on the Billboard Charts. 

Hint#16 - When you see that terrified look on Christopher Walken's face during the scene where Sean Penn sticks a gun in his face, that's not just good acting - he's actually terrified. Usually, Walken made sure to check each gun used in his scenes before filming for safety purposes. But right before they shot this particular scene, Penn grabbed a different gun that Walken hadn't checked

Hint#17 - One of the actresses also starred with Eric Stoltz in Some Kind Of Wonderful & she was also in Fried Green Tomatoes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84Jji0FyDk

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No sir

Had to use my IMDb-fu on this one, so not playing. But, MAN, 1986 was an AWESOME year for movies!

Had you seen the movie before?

No haven't seen it, but I recognized the name somewhat once I found it. But it's so NOT in my head, that I've forgotten it again.

bump

Thanks for the bump

Pretty sure its gone this long, you win and everyone should send you one cigar! haha

FYI I have no idea what movie this is, and I promise I have never seen it 

No kidding, and I figured SOMEONE would get this, my hints were not hard and I am totally out of hints.....I may just call it and pass it to whomever wants the next one.

I know one word of the title but can't remember the whole thing. So I had just figured someone else would have gotten it. It is either in close range or at close range. Am I close? Walken, 2 Penn brothers, and isn't keifer Sutherland in it too? If I'm wrong, oh well...

BOOM!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! 

AT CLOSE RANGE

Damn, longest hints ever heh, send me your info pally you won!!!

& yes Keifer was in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W84Jji0FyDk

Friend request sent

RSS

© 2017   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service