Its that time of year again and we've already seen a few Top lists come out.  Got me thinking - if you made a list for Top Cigars of 2014, what would be on it?

We're doing things slightly different this year, and we want your help.  Beginning later today, we will begin announcing the Top 10 Cigars on Cigar Federation's Top New Releases of 2014 (#10 will be posted today, and #1 will be announced on December 19th).  I'll track the list here, but we also want to put together a FedHead Group List.  If you'd like to participate, please respond to this post and tell us your Top 10 Cigars Released in 2014. 

Please note that the only requirement is that your list include only cigars released this year! If you only have 1 2014 release that makes the list, or you have 20, that's fine - we want you to join the discussion so share with us.  At the end, I will tally up all the votes, and we'll add to the discussion!

Here is what has currently been announced from the Cigar Federation Top New Releases of 2014:

#10 Warped Flor Del Valle

#9 Nomad C-276

#8 1502 Emerald Lancero

#7 Arandoza Red

#6 Nomad Connecticut Fuerte

#5 D'Crossier L'Forte

#4 Herrera Esteli Norteno

#3 Crux Passport

#2 Ortega Serie D Black

#1 Crowned Heads Jericho Hill

To see last year's list, click here.

Views: 1158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

#1 Herrera Esteli Norteno is my top pick. I had the toro especial.

#2 Has to be Ezra Zion Tantrum PA.

Two box-pressed cigars at opposite ends of scale and size, power and subtlety.

#3 Caldwell Cigars, Long Live The King. Allegiance has been paid to beauty and strength.

I love the EZ Tantrum PA!

Okay #10-6 are posted.  What do we think so far? What do you agree with? Disagree with? What's your Top 10?

To be honest I've only smoked the Warped FDV and I wouldn't put it one my top 10 (but the La Colmena would make the list).

I've only had a handful of new releases. The 1502 line is in the mail, headed my way. I'm excited to try them. The other new smokes I've had are Rocky Patel Super Ligero and H. Upmann The Banker.

Great to see Nomad get some love! Made the list 2x!

Thanks Charlie...we are thrilled as well :)

:-)

My head hurts now but below is my top 10 list (in alphabetical order). 

Bodega Reunion Digestivo
Caldwell Long Live the King
Ezra Zion FHK
Illusione Cigars Privé MC Slam
Jericho Hill 
La Colmena Amado No. 44
La Palina Black Label
Principle Trading Special Edition KBF Churchill (no clue when this was released)
Regius Exclusivo U.S.A. (red label)
Regius Seleccion Orchant Campana

What does everyone think about our list so far? I've heard a lot of feedback - good and bad - but I'm curious what the majority thinks.

What do you think will make #1 and #2 on our list?

Also, don't forget to share your own personal list for the FedHead Group discussion.

The issue is what is your vision for the Top 10.  I think you guys have been pretty up front to say you are Boutique Focused. In that case, you kept to your vision and did a good job.  Whether I agree with the cigars or not is besides the point.  You articulated the vision.

Personally, I think you guys are missing a large segment of the market with what you cover.  I think you aren't just boutique focused, but you are small boutique focused.  That's just my opinion, but I think you guys could really benefit from reviewing more Davidoff, Fuente, Atladis and General as well as the "larger boutiques" like Quesada, Nat Sherman, Illusione, and Tatuaje. Not saying you should have those on the list.  In general, I'd like to see more coverage from Cig Fed on those brands.

In the end, nobody's list is right or wrong - and it should create some interesting discussion. 

Coop

I can buy that, that we have a lot of emphasis on small boutique. We often discuss some of these others you mention, and for sure everyone here are smoking some of those, but for me, there is something about hearing about and cheering on the new/little guy that I dig. Plus, our demo skews young and net/tech savvy... less Nightline and more Buzzfeed, and that fits the small boutique focus as well. Are we still gonna smoke Fuentes? Is the Quesada Oktoberfest tasty? Yup. Do we still enjoy tweeting with GodFadr and Cigar G? Is Rodrigo our amigo? Do we #makethedamntime for Crux? Oh, yes. That's just us :)

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2019   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service