Its that time of year again and we've already seen a few Top lists come out.  Got me thinking - if you made a list for Top Cigars of 2014, what would be on it?

We're doing things slightly different this year, and we want your help.  Beginning later today, we will begin announcing the Top 10 Cigars on Cigar Federation's Top New Releases of 2014 (#10 will be posted today, and #1 will be announced on December 19th).  I'll track the list here, but we also want to put together a FedHead Group List.  If you'd like to participate, please respond to this post and tell us your Top 10 Cigars Released in 2014. 

Please note that the only requirement is that your list include only cigars released this year! If you only have 1 2014 release that makes the list, or you have 20, that's fine - we want you to join the discussion so share with us.  At the end, I will tally up all the votes, and we'll add to the discussion!

Here is what has currently been announced from the Cigar Federation Top New Releases of 2014:

#10 Warped Flor Del Valle

#9 Nomad C-276

#8 1502 Emerald Lancero

#7 Arandoza Red

#6 Nomad Connecticut Fuerte

#5 D'Crossier L'Forte

#4 Herrera Esteli Norteno

#3 Crux Passport

#2 Ortega Serie D Black

#1 Crowned Heads Jericho Hill

To see last year's list, click here.

Views: 1158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are some of the best sticks I smoked this year in no particular order.....

-Warped La Colmena

-La Aroma De Cuba Noblesse

-Padron 50 Years Madruo

-Tatuaje TAA 2014

-Atabey Divino

-Regius Exclusivo USA Robusto

^All 92/100 or better^

But of course I would add Liga Unico L40/Dirty Rat, Cohiba Coronas Especial/BHK 52 (2012)...I haven't lit up a Ratzilla up yet but I'm sure that'll make my list :)

I totally forgot and its probably in my top 3....La Palina Goldie Laguito Especial :) Great stick!

I have 3 for top contenders for me

TN Waltz

Jericho Hill

AJ Fernandez New World

I certainly have not smoked every 2014 release, so I have no pretensions that my list is anything other than my list -- it represents the cigars I was able to smoke and that I really enjoyed. I've placed them in reverse order, beginning with #10. 

10. RoMa Craft Aquitaine Mode 5.

9. Herrera Esteli Lancero

8. The Crowned Heads Tennessee Waltz

7. The Crowned Heads Arrington Vineyards Double W

6. Tatuaje Black Label Corona Gorda

5. La Aroma de Cuba Noblesse

4. Illusione Fume D'Amour Lagunas

3. The Crowned Heads Headley Grange Snaredrum

2. Quesada 40th Anniversary Corona Clasica

1. Warped La Colmena Unico Especial

I too would add the Fume D'Amour Lagunitas....Probably the best Casa Fernandez made cigar this year imo.

I have not had a pile of new releases this year, so you'll get what I've got.  These may or may not be in any particular order (except that Passport!), just that I know they are releases from this year and I know I liked them.

• Regius Seleccion Orchant Robusto
  • La Palina Mr. Sam Corona
  • Joya Red
  • Crux Ninfamaniac Dark
  • Crux Classic toro
  • Crux Passport lancero (my #1)
  • Bodega Reunion Apertivo double robusto
  • The Collective

I have a number of sticks that were released this year that I haven't tried yet, like the Leccia Luchador and the Crowned Heads Angel's Anvil, and a number that were fine sticks but not on my favorites list (CH Las Calaveras). But overall, a decent year.  Yay Crux!

hmmmm.... New Releases, eh?

-Viva Republica Propaganda
-Crux Ninfamaniac Dark
-Herrera Esteli Lancero
-L'Atelier Lat 38 Special
-RoMa Craft Cromagnon Panatela
-Caldwell Eastern Standard

Some great lists so far!

Lotta Crowned Heads ^up there. Very interesting

Yeah, it felt a little odd when I went back through the new releases I smoked this year. Then I remembered just how many cigars CH released this year: Angel's Anvil, Las Calavares, Hecho con Corazon, Jericho Hill, Tennessee Waltz, Arrington Vineyards Double W, HG Snaredrum, Mason-Dixon Project North and South, and the Buckingham. That is a lot of new releases.

my comment is in no way intended as a defense of my list. Just an observation. 

Are you smoking again, Brett?

I wasn't criticizing, just making an observation as well. They are doing great things at CH, we just brought them in at my shop so seeing them on the list in multiples makes me feel good.

I've been smoking a bit, more collecting than smoking still though. My stomach is still pretty weak so a lot of the stronger smokes are getting a lot of rest in the humidor. I'd post my list but it pretty much wouldnt include anything after July release which leaves out a lot.

If I had to post a list in no particular order:

Padilla Vintage Reserve

Senorial

Cubanacan HR(pre-release)

Oh, I know it wasn't a criticism. Just didn't want you to think I was being defensive in my reply. 

Hope you continue to get better. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2018   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service