Well folks, the time has come for my family and I to make a rather large life decision. As most of you know, I'm military. I've been doing this for 13 years now. I've spent time at 6 different bases, and been through 5 deployments. I've made life long friends, and lost a few too. I've been pushed to my limits and beyond more times than I can remember.  I've had leaders do far more than they had to, to make sure I was taken care of.  I've done the same for people who worked for me.

The past 13 years have been brutal, painful, emotional, and amazing. Sometimes all at once. I've experienced things that I didn't even know were possible. Done things I'd never wish to do again, and done things I'd love to never stop doing. There have been times where I wanted to throw in the towel and walk away. Other times, I wanted to just keep going because I truly loved what I was doing.

All that being said...its time to walk away. It's time for a new life chapter with my family. I spent a lot of time sitting and thinking about it...and it's time. I've missed so much of my loved ones lives, that I can't bring myself to miss more. Now, I don't regret a second of it. If I had the choice to do it all over again, I would in a heart beat.

I have a year left on my contract right now. I'm going to finish it up, and move on. We're planning on staying in the area, though we will probably end up in Missouri.

The people here, have been huge supporters and I can't even begin to thank everyone.  The outpouring of support, especially when I got back (*cough* Matt *cough*) was insane.

So anyway, thanks for everything. I'll of course still be around, and up to my general antics. I'll be 36 is a few days....I've been doing this since I was 22....lets see what this life thing is all about.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks again for all you do for us sir, and this is probably a good time to retire your boots who knows what our new president is going to have in store for the Armed Forces. 

Good luck in your future endeavours! 

Thank you everyone, we're in the process of building our plan now. I have a job or two I'm really looking into.

I still can't begin to tell you all how much I appreciate all of you. "Family" like this can be a rare thing. I've been part of many online communities over the years. Never have I seen one as close (and drama free!!!!) as this one. I'll be a fed head till I die.

#FedHead

5 deployments, man, you did the deed, more than most.  Go do what's best for the family now.

It is because of Patriots like you that my family is able to live like we do, thank you for that.

Congrats on a fine career and best of luck moving forward to you and your family bro!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Events

© 2019   Created by Cigar Federation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service